Friday 6 February 2015

Icy Cold Cragg Vale

Tuesday morning of this week William and I needed to drive over the tops to a furniture store in Mytholmroyd and I suggested we take a walk through Cragg Vale on the way.

DSC_5107b

It was a wee bit chilly to say the least but sporting appropriate clothing what did that matter?  Not one little bit.  Not one little bit to me anyway.  I love a walk on a cold, crisp day.

DSC_5102b

And this is how crisp it was.  Icy crisp!

DSC_5088b

We met four friendly little piggies along the way.  They stared at me and talked, well… snorted really, to me like we were old friends.  For quite some time too.  I found it very amusing.  Billy?  Not so much.

IMG_6129_edited-1b

For some reason he’s nervous around animals and he feared for my safety when they started to climb the wall to get a closer look at me!   They just wanted some attention.  I think!

DSC_5115b

We continued on with our walk up through Cragg Vale to Withens Clough Reservoir.  All very bleak on days like this but worth the effort all the same.  Cragg Vale is a lovely place to go walking and from there you can climb even higher onto the the moors.  Not for us this time though.

DSC_5120b

Retracing our steps back down through the village now…

DSC_5086b

… via the church of St. John the Baptist in the Wilderness.

We’d had a good walk and a couple of hours fresh air and had worked up an appetite for lunch so it made sense to head for Hebden Bridge (after the furniture store) and satisfy the need for food.

After lunch we wandered around the streets of Hebden and ended up in one of the antiques shops.

IMG_6137b

Where this display caught my eye.

IMG_6136b

In particular this jolly little monk.  I love Hummel figures but it was the little monk who came home with me.  His little well is going to be filled with toothpicks so he’ll be useful as well as pretty.

Until next time,

BlogSignature

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like a lovely walk, minus the ice and cold. I am just not a cold weather person at all so I admire you getting out in it. My aunt collects Hummels. You made a wonderful little purchase. Best wishes, Tammy

Anita Johnson said...

Looks like another beautiful place....the photo of those ice drops is really cool...no pun intended. I love finding those little treasures in the details!

Suburban Girl said...

Oh that church is gorgeous.