Tuesday 3 June 2014

Bay View Again and a Birthday Boy

And the birthday boy is Charlie.   

IMG_4394_edited-1b

Charlie turned six a couple of weeks ago. 

IMG_4406b

Caroline, his mum, took the above two pics with her iPhone5 the weekend before last when we were together at Bay View.  I really like them.

IMG_4365b

Unusually it was just Caroline, Charlie and me for the Bank Holiday weekend.  The men were otherwise occupied.  The weather forecast was not too good for Saturday and Sunday but Monday was going to be sunny.  Sunday morning in view of the forecast rain Caroline decided that she would take Charlie swimming over at Silverdale.  While they were in the pool I got myself a coffee, took my iPad out of my bag and seated myself where I was able to watch their antics in the pool.  A happy arrangement for each of us.

DSC_4028b

The predicted rain held of for most of the day which meant we were able to spend a lot of time outdoors. 

IMG_4381_edited-1b

After Silverdale a pleasant short drive over to Arnside seemed like a good idea.

DSC_4031b

And it was.  

IMG_4382b

We found a vacant park bench where Charlie enjoyed a chippy lunch.  Actually we all three enjoyed Charlie’s chippy lunch!  There’s nothing quite like eating a bag of chips outdoors and by the sea even better.  They were delicious too! 

DSC_4034b

For entertainment we had gulls flitting around just a few feet in front of us.

IMG_4384b

Onto Sunday.  A new place for us is Half Moon Bay.  Caroline had been told about it by a friend who grew up in this area.  It’s a sweet and sour kind of place.  The sweet is the uncrowded beach, the view, the sea, the coastal walks, the cafe, et cetera.  And the sour?  Well, that’s the power plant that’s visible at the bottom end of the bay.  The trick therefore is just not to look that way and choose instead to look out to sea and over to the hills of beautiful Cumbria.  Simple!

DSC_4057b

The cafe at Half Moon Bay.  It was very busy so we presume the food is good.  The coffee was definitely up to scratch.

DSC_4055_edited-1b

And the view in front of it wasn’t too shabby!

DSC_4066_edited-1b

Plenty of room to play around on the sand.  Lots of rock pools.

DSC_4075b 

And a few more pics of the birthday boy.  Looking cool in his shades.

DSC_4086b

Looking cheeky and relaxed in his shades.

DSC_4100b

And dancing around in his shades! :-) 

IMG_4389b

Following a long afternoon on the beach we called at a local MacDonald’s just outside Half Moon Bay and that’s where Charlie got his face painted.  For free I might add!  He was one happy little chappy.

IMG_4346b

One more picture before I go.  I snapped this pic from the car with my iPhone on the way up the motorway.  I have never seen such a beautiful, ornate gypsy caravan.  It was immaculate.  There was another one in front of this one too.  Perhaps they were going to a rally somewhere. 

Seeing these gypsy caravans sent my mind flying back through the years remembering how my Aunty Edie, my mother’s sister and my lovely cousin Sylvia’s mother, would always say how she fancied a holiday in one of these horse drawn caravans.  Rambling through the countryside in one seemed to appeal to her a lot.  Happy memories of my favourite aunt.

All in all it was a lovely relaxing weekend.

BlogSignature

No comments: