Friday 13 September 2013

I Think It’s Over.

Summer that is.  Garden flowers are drooping, the sun’s not shining quite as much and the nights are drawing in.  It was bound to happen sooner or later I suppose.  On the bright side autumn isn’t far way and I love autumn!

IMG_2618.jpgb

I was a bit under the weather yesterday and I didn’t feel like doing much so late afternoon I thought I’d go and sit in the garden for a bit to help clear my head of cobwebs.  I made a cup of tea, which I put in an insulated cup to keep it hot now that the temperatures have dropped, got my Kindle and made for the garden swing.  After a little while Lesley (good friend and next door neighbour) came round to join me.  Fresh air and a friendly face - I felt so much better by the time I went back in the house!

‘Twas my birthday on Friday.  Both of my girls came round to see me in the morning and wish me Happy Birthday.  It was then business as usual.  I had the grocery shopping to do but…

IMG_2570.jpgb

... before that I fitted in a light lunch in my favourite cafe.  Haven’t done that for a while  so it was a little treat.

IMG_2573.jpgb

When I returned home laden down with shopping bags a cheery sight greeted me on my doorstep.  Charlie and his daddy had been round after school with a miniature potted rose for me. So sweet!  Later Charlie came back with Caroline along with Victoria, and her crew plus my niece, Melissa and nephew, Jordan.  At George’s request they’d brought me a birthday cake.  Again, so sweet!  Sorry to say, no photos of this happy little birthday do.  It’s hard to take the photos when I’m the one being sung to.

On Sunday William and I did something we don’t do very often.  We went shopping together.  Like most men, shopping isn’t top of William’s Fun To Do List but for some reason when I said I wanted to go the Trafford Centre shopping mall he said he’d come with me. 

IMG_2576.jpgb

Starbucks was the first stop. 

IMG_2592.jpgb

Then my favourite shop. , John Lewis.  We’re beginning to need new living room furniture at our house.  We both liked this set up in the shop but realised when we got home it just wouldn’t suit our living room. 

IMG_2591.jpgb

Never mind, it was fun looking.  Looking at his face I’m not sure Billy agreed!  He cheered up soon after this.  It was lunchtime.

IMG_2589.jpgb

My Denby was on display.  I don’t have a teapot and would quite like one.  At £55 I didn’t buy one!  Perhaps they’ll have a sale on them and I’ll think about it then.

IMG_2585.jpgb

Elephants.  Colourful elephants.  Quite a lot of them dotted throughout the mall.  You can read about them here.

Until next time,

BlogSignature

2 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

I love the elephants...we have had cows and sturgeons here. And happy belated birthday to you! And yes, summer seems to be over here too.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely celebration. Love the elephants. In Slidell, LA where I was this summer, they had painted Pelicans around town. Sadly, I only got a photo of one of them. Should have made it my mission to photograph them all. My husband actually LOVES to go shopping. Sometimes he is dragging me out the door. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Tammy