Wednesday 17 July 2013

Beetham Nurseries and Village.

One of the reasons why we enjoyed our recent week at Bay View was the fact that John and Lesley came up to visit for a day. 

Naturally we showed them around Bay View and started the day off with the walk to and brunch at Archer’s Cafe and for some reason I don’t have a picture of that.  It was a very good start to the day though.

DSC_9716.jpgb

After which we took our visitors on a leisurely drive showing them the beautiful countryside around Bay View.   The scenery above, which isn’t far at all from Bay View, really, really pleases me.  I feast my eyes on it every time we pass it.

DSC_9720.jpgb

Later on in the day we found our way to Beetham Nurseries.  In my book this wonderful place has everything a self respecting garden centre should have.  The variety of plants, trees, shrubs et cetera is vast, varied and so colourful.  It’s such a pleasure to stroll around the grounds and then sit outside the very good cafe and admire it all.

DSC_9726.jpgb

Looking at all the alpine type plants.  Plenty of them to choose from.  I hemmed and hawed quite a bit over these plants but finally made my choice.

IMG_2365

It had to be a Hen and Chicks.  I love these succulent plants and I’m just hoping that this specimen stays as healthy in the long run as it was the day we bought it.  Fingers crossed.

DSC_9723.jpgb

The picture above makes me laugh.  John and William look like two miserable naughty little boys sitting on the naughty step!  I can guarantee that if the naughty step had been around when they were little the pair of them would’ve spent a lot of time on it!

DSC_9728.jpgb

From the garden centre it was just a quick hop, skip and a jump to Beetham village in the centre of which is the 12th century church.

DSC_9727.jpgb

I’ll bet this very pretty pergola has featured in many a wedding photograph.

DSC_9730.jpgb

Walking further into the village we came across the village stocks.  My beloved looks right at home up there don’t you think?

I’m so glad John and Lesley came up to visit.  We always enjoy their company and now that they know where we are I’m hoping they’ll visit again… and again!

Until next time,

BlogSignature

No comments: