Well, finally summer has arrived and it’s been nothing but blue skies and sunshine all week and most of last week too!
Tuesday morning at 9.30 A.M., in brilliant sunshine, I met Victoria at the boy’s school to watch Nicholas take part in his Sports Day. The heat was fierce but I don’t think the children noticed. On the other hand, Victoria and I did! We were definitely wilting before the morning was over. I had taken my umbrella along not because I thought it was going to rain but because I knew it would come in handy as a sun parasol. It did too.
George is on the far right.
After a lunch break we were back again to watch George in his races and if anything the heat was stronger. My umbrella came in handy again. I was glad for George that the sun was shining. The last two years Sports Day for the juniors didn’t happen due to rain.
A few iPhone pics taken over the last couple of days. All with one common denominator. Every one of them taken outdoors. And there are the blue skies I mentioned too.
- Screenshot of the temperatures we’re enjoying.
- Hanging basket. We have several all made by the man of the house. He does a good job on them.
- Blue sky with not a cloud in sight.
- I’ve been sitting in the garden reading at every opportunity I get. That is definitely one of my Simple Pleasures. I’m reading Downtown by Anne Rivers Siddons at the minute and loving it.
- A walk through Ealees and a coffee outside the visitor centre cafe with John and Lesley. Another Simple Pleasure.
- A look at the lake before walking back.
- Nicholas wearing my rings. He’s fascinated with them at the minute.
- My new Hen & Chicks. I’m hoping I have more luck with this one than the last one.
- Muffin and Max enjoying a game of fetch!
Last week we were up at Bay View and of as yet I haven’t got round to blogging about it. I don’t seem to have the inclination to sit at the computer and do the editing just now. I will though, I have some happy memories to document.
And finally another iPhone weather app screenshot. Seems this heatwave is set to last well into next week at least! Hooray for summer!!