Friday 14 September 2012

How Can That Be?

I turned sixty last week!  Tell me.  Please.  How can that be?  Sixty is getting on a bit isn’t it?  But I don’t feel like I’m getting on a bit.  I still think I’m what?  Well… maybe 39.  I was going to say 29 but that’s pushing it a bit.  Sometimes my bones are a little on the creeky side and my eyes need a bit of help from ready readers.  So, yep, 29’s pushing it a bit.  I might be getting a bit broader in the beam too and no way do I look too closely in the mirror anymore but no way can I be sixty!  Can I?

My-60th-copyb

I didn’t want to post each individual photo, it would’ve taken too long and I don’t have the time just now.  I’ve been lazy too, I didn’t edit any of these photos.  So I decided a collage was the best way to go today.

I had a really lovely day right from the start.  The start being breakfast with both my girls at a favourite cafe.  I know I am very fortunate to have my family close by to spend times like this with.  And if that wasn’t enough  – the sun shone too!  Definitely a day for counting my blessings. 

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Anita Johnson said...

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" I think 39 sounds about right for me too. I have the same physical complaints as you too...oh well, sixty years young is a blessing too. It looks like you had a wonderful celebration! Happy Birthday to you!