Saturday 22 September 2012

An Afternoon Stroll

Such a lovely word.  Stroll.  It conjures up images of contentedly wandering through the countryside to me.  And that’s just what I did this afternoon with one of my girls and one of her boys. 

DSC_6499b

We strolled down through Ealees.

DSC_6500b

George dipped in and out of the stream.  Careful not to let the water go over the top of his wellies.  To be truthful I don’t know so much about the careful part but his feet stayed dry anyway!

DSC_6501_edited-2b

I’d brought along my binoculars and George had a fun time looking at anything and everything through them. 

DSC_6498b

He looks happy doesn’t he?  No wonder. He’d had a gooey choclatey knickerbockerglory kind of ice cream at the visitor centre.  No picture of it though.  I must be slipping!

IMG_1313bIMG_1317b

I’ve had time on my side this week and yesterday I drove over the tops into Hebden Bridge.  The river was swollen once again by heavy rains.  I really hope this little town isn’t heading for yet another flood.  They say its nice weather for ducks when it chucks it down but the ducks weren’t having such a good time yesterday.  Rather than risk being swept away they sat it out on the riverside.

I can’t close this post without mentioning the senseless murder this week of the two young police women in Greater Manchester.  My heart aches for their families, friends and colleagues.  As the mother and mother-in-law of serving police officers it brings home to me what a dangerous job serving in the Police Force is and what a huge debt of gratitude society owes to those who do serve.  I admire the courage they show day in, day out turning up for work when who knows what might be ahead of them and for their courage I am eternally grateful.   PC Fiona Bone and PC Nicola Hughes, RIP.

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Anita Johnson said...

So sorry to hear of the violence in your area, it is heartbreaking.

I love the word stroll too, especially when i have my camera with me. (o: