Friday 27 April 2012

West Bay

West Bay has quickly become one of our must-go places.  I don't know what it is about this place but we all love it.

DSC_5147b

There are a good quality shops to browse, a mix of restaurants and takeaway huts to choose from and of course several coffee shops. Ellipse on the sea front is our favourite. 

On this midweek visit William and I decided on cheese and onion pasties for lunch from the hut above and then sat and ate them looking...

DSC_5172b

...at the boats in the harbour.

DSC_5151b

And enjoyed with the sound of seagulls on the air.  Not the sweetest of sounds I don't suppose but music to my ears all the same.  I know I'm on holiday when I hear their squawking.

DSC_5156b

That's William up there setting off up the coastal path from West Bay to Eype.

DSC_5161b

Spectacular views along the way.

DSC_5162b

The coastline is very dramatic with cliffs to peer over every step of the way.  Steep, high and very crumbly cliffs.  In February of this year a couple walking from Eype to Burton Bradstock had a very lucky escape when cliffs collapsed onto the beach just a few feet from where they were standing.  Follow this link for the newspaper report.

DSC_5163b

Looking down onto Eype beach.  

DSC_5170b

Now looking back to West Bay.

CharlieEaster

And finally a view I'll never tire of.  Our littlest grandson, Charlie, playing outside the caravan.  He's a little sweetie!

Still more to come.

Kathleen.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, he is a cutie.

And the shots of the cliffs by the sea are beautiful to me. We don't have anything even remotely like it in the southern part of the US. Some of the more northern parts do, but I don't think they hold a candle to yours.

Now, I'm going to click to the article. That must have been terrifying.

Anita Johnson said...

The scenery is just BEAUTIFUL, but Charlie made me SMILE (o:

Anonymous said...

Hello Love, You keep on finding new places to visit. I am thinking West Bay will have to be on my list of places to see next year. Charlie looks like he is having the time of his life on that scooter. Like his sheriff badge!!! Keep posting.Bye for now, Molly