Thursday 29 September 2011

Indian Summer

Last week our weather was wet, windy and cold.  This week it's hot, sunny and the temperatures have been in the high 70s all week, this combined with autumn leaves falling like rain to the ground. 

DSC_2841b

A very nice combination too!

DSC_2838b

Both yesterday and today after I collected Charlie from nursery school I took him to the local park where we had a picnic lunch.  Today Charlie got lucky - the ice cream van came into the park.  I got lucky too.  Charlie sat still and I was able to take loads of photographs of him.   Have I ever mentioned I love taking photos?

DSC_2809b

This is the view out over our pretty little park.  We have the splendid Pennines for a backdrop.

I have so enjoyed taking Charlie to the park this week.  We've both had fun, he playing alongside other children, me chatting to other nans while soaking up the sun's rays. Also, I've taken a million photographs and am happy with quite a few of them.  All of these things are just plain old simple pleasures which is handy because today is my day to post my weekly Simple Pleasure.  So there we are.

Until next time, 

Kathleen.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

First, he is just plain adorable! Second, I think you take the most awesome pictures. I wish I had that gift.

Victoria said...

If you or Charlie ever had a tattoo I think it have to be of an ice-cream! xxx

Caroline said...

They are lovely pictures of my boy, and he's a very lucky boy to have a Nan that takes him to the park and buys him ice-cream.
I agree with Vic, that would be a perfect tattoo for either of you! xx