Tuesday 5 July 2011

Making Hay While the Sun Shines

We're back from a wonderful week in Devon with my sister and her husband.  We couldn't have picked a better week weather-wise and that of course helped to make the week extra enjoyable. 

DSC_1237b

So, while I sort out my photographs and do a lot of editing, (my lens must've been full of dust for the last couple of days of the holiday and I didn't notice), here's a picture I took on Sunday.  It's the view from our back garden.  The farmer was out there making hay in glorious sunshine all day long.

Sunday was also my older daughter, Victoria's, birthday which we celebrated at her home with a barbeque in the afternoon sunshine.  A smashing bbq it was too with lots of good food and an ice cold drink or two.

Last night there was another barbeque this time at my niece, Lindsey's, home.   A Farewell Party for Maureen and Jerry.  Their three weeks here were up and this morning they jetted off back to Arkansas.   As I write this they'll be killing time in Chicago O'Hare Airport.

I'll be back soon with our holiday photos.

Kathleen.

No comments: