Monday 30 May 2011

A Wet Weekend

Well, mainly wet anyway.  Which is typical, because it's also a Bank Holiday weekend.  Just when the workers have an extra day off work the sun hides from us.  So what do we do?  We find somewhere indoors to go and hope the sun might just come out at some stage of the day and that's what happened on Saturday. 

My daughter,Victoria, her four year old, Nicholas and I went to Uppermill garden centre for a look around, a coffee and a bite to eat.  In particular I was looking for a pot to put my Hen and Chicks succulent plant in because it's not doing what it's supposed to.  It's supposed to give off shoots which grow into young plants and look wonderful but it's just not doing that.  Unfortunately I didn't find a new pot but I'll keep on looking until I do.

After the garden centre the sun did come out and we were able to take Nicholas to the park a short walk away.  Where I thought I'd take some photos of him.

DSC_0620b

Would this little bundle of fun look at me?

DSC_0621b

I was stood right in front of him.

DSC_0619_edited-1b

He looked this way.

DSC_0622b

He looked that way.  Did he look my way?  No way, did he heck!

But he did when we were in the garden centre...

DSC_0601_edited-2b

... and here's the proof.  Bless his little cotton socks!

Kathleen.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

He even asked you to take his photo in the garden centre. You forgot to mention that. xx

jennyfreckles said...

Ah, that's kids for you! He's cute though.
I recognise your header pic - Budleigh Salterton, I believe. I have a panorama of that line of trees somewhere!