Tuesday 31 May 2011

A Wet Weekend cont'd

Bank Holiday weekends are meant to be for fun not for being ill.  Poor Victoria has not had much fun this weekend.  Poor thing has got a bad case of tonsillitis and is feeling rough!  With a really sore throat, so sore that it even hurts to swallow her saliva and a temperature of 103 degrees  I think I'd feel rough too!

DSC_0641b

Gary, her husband, has therefore been in charge of keeping the boys entertained and out of the house as much as possible so that Victoria can get some rest and recuperation.  After taking the boys to the park and playing there for ages Gary called in at our house for a visit on the way home.

DSC_0642_edited-1b

With a cup of coffee in hand Gary and I chatted and watched the boys ride their bikes behind our house.

DSC_0649b

An adjustment to Nicholas's saddle was needed, hence the wrench in Gary's hand.  Nicholas has only been riding his bike without stabilizers for a couple of weeks, hence the tongue sticking out of his mouth for concentration.

DSC_0657b

A little bit of climbing is always fun.

As you can see it didn't rain all the time, it only felt like it did. 

Vicki is on a course of antibiotics and hopefully will  soon be feeling better.

Kathleen.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

There doesn't seem to be much rain in your pics? Maybe you should reconsider the title of your post? On the plus side the boys look very happy!! xxx

Anita Johnson said...

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for your comment. I am having a horrible time commenting too. Your sign in will work for me...I think because of its set up. Some blogs i have to sign in and resign in to google...finally I can comment as "Anonymous". It's so frustrating, because i have lost a few comments i took time to really think about and respond to someone's post. Now, to be on the safe side, I copy my comment in case it gets lost. Who really has time to do that? So, I really do appreciate your comment! It seems to be a known problem with Google/Blogger...I hope they fix it!