Friday 29 April 2011

A Cream Tea Day

Not far from the campsite where we stay is Sidmouth Garden Centre.

DSC_0116b

It's set in glorious countryside, has a very nice restaurant which leads out onto a balcony with this view.  I absolutely love this view, that patchwork of fields just pleases me beyond measure!

DSC_0121b

So not surprisingly we made time to visit, sit out on that balcony, take in that view and enjoy a cream tea at the same time.

DSC_0126b

This is how I like my scones, with jam and clotted cream... deeeelish!

DSC_0135b

This little Buddha took my fancy but at £49 I left him there! 

DSC_0139b

It being a garden centre William and I enjoyed looking round at all the plants etc.  It being my kind of garden centre there's a shop that sells all kinds of pretty stuff.  A lot of Royal Wedding memorabilia stuff too.  William had had enough though and took Muffin back to the car while I browsed my way through the shop.

DSC_0145b

I think I must have been in there a long time.  Billy had nearly fallen asleep when I got back to the car!

DSC_0162b 

Back at the ranch there was still enough day left to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.  I read my book and Billy fixed a problem with the gas pipe. 

Changing the subject now.  The Royal Wedding and that dress.  I thought the whole thing was wonderful and the dress was perfect, just beautiful!  And Westminster Abbey, isn't that a spectacular building?  I think it's been a happy day today and just what we need in these days of trouble and strife for so many.  The news reports are saying a million people turned out in London to celebrate and not one spot of bother.  Now that's what I call a good day for Britain and I hope the royal couple have a long and happy life together.

TTFN,

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hello Kathleen,
So glad you came by that I might repay the visit. This looks like a marvelous spot - so much to take in.
I thoroughly enjoyed the wedding - I got up early for Diana's wedding to Charles - so very happy for William - they seem to truly adore each other - that dress was fantastic - she carried it off beautifully,
Hope you have a marvelous weekend,
Kathy