Saturday 29 January 2011

Not a Lot Happening.

There doesn't seem to be a lot happening around here at the moment.  Just everyday life in the depth of winter.

DSC_8810blg

Today for instance I had to do the weekly shop.  I had made up my mind to go to the supermarket via Hebden Bridge when Victoria rang to say that they were also going to  Hebden and did I want to meet them there.  So I did.  We all had a hot drink in The Square, the boys and Gary had a hot pie each too.  It's a shame Victoria is hiding behind that lamppost.

DSC_8816blg 

The object of the outing for Victoria and her family was mainly to go to the park and get some of that winter sunshine.  George half jumped and half fell off a swing.  He didn't land very well and needed a hug.  It was very cold and both boy's fingers were slowly turning white.  Unfortunately they both seem to have a touch of Reynaud's Disease, a circulation problem, and today's weather was affecting them.

DSC_8818blg 

The fall seemed to end the fun and it was time to go home sooner than planned. 

DSC_8819blog

They look cold don't they?  I think this little family would like to live in warmer climes.

I stayed in Hebden for a mooch through the charity shops, a  visit to a coffee shop and a read of the daily newspaper then onto the supermarket. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping the weather will be like it was today.  I think I'm the odd one out in this family, I love the cold weather.  Anyway William and I are planning on taking a walk in the Edisford Bridge area of Clitheroe and I'm looking forward to it.

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I don't do cold well. We've not gotten below 50 around here but it sure feels so much colder. Concrete buildings with no insulation and a desert country with no trees means that the chill really goes straight to your bones. Looks like you have a lovely outing despite the bitter temperatures. Hope you are warm and cozy now at home and enjoying the rest of your day. Best wishes, Tammy