Thursday 30 December 2010

Low lying mists..

.. are everywhere just now.  The snow has slowly disappeared but as always after snow everywhere is left looking so drab.

DSC_8391_edited-1blog

Billy and I took a trip over to Pendle Heritage Centre yesterday.  Photos can be seen in a previous post here.  The countryside over there is beautiful but much of it was hidden by the low lying mists. 

Our initial plan was to have lunch at the Heritage Centre, do a bit of shopping in Boundary Mill, then go for a walk. We had the lunch, quickly mooched round an extremely busy Boundary Mill, full of sales bargain hunters (not my idea of fun when it's so busy) and then couldn't summon up the energy for a walk.  I think all the over-eating that has been going on round here lately has left us feeling very lethargic.  Does anybody else have that problem?

So instead of the walk we drove around the area and admired the scenery from the car.  We did stop however while I snapped this scene, which looks out over Barrowford, 

Despite the dreary weather the views were still amazing and winter or summer I love "England's green and pleasant lands"!

Kathleen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Gayle said...

Oh so lovely... I am dying to get to England. We had low fog today as well and as I drove home I noticed how lovely it was up against the mountains.