Wednesday 21 July 2010

The weather is …

…still a bit iffy round here but Victoria, Nicholas and I made it outdoors for a walk and some more of that good old fresh air this morning.DSC_4731 The new play area down at the nature reserve end  of the lake is finally finished and we really like it.  Nicholas loved it.  There’s not a swing or roundabout in sight and that’s fine.  This obstacle course is different and more challenging for little kids.  I can see we’ll be spending a lot of time here over the school summer holidays. 

DSC_4739Nicholas is so much like his daddy in looks and build, it’s scary.  I’m sure this is exactly what Gary would’ve looked like at three. 

DSC_4746This beautiful old cottage overlooks the lake and it’s yet another one of those houses I could live in.

Talking about holidays we’ll be spending two weeks in Devon very soon with the Williams’ and the Goodall’s will be off to Cornwall.   I’m looking forward to sitting on the beach reading and having the odd dip in the freezing cold sea.  Oh, and also eating the odd cream tea.  Billy is looking forward to trying his hand at sea-fishing for the first time this year, he recently bought some kit for a bargain price so it’ll be interesting to see how that goes on.  I know all three of my little treasures will be wanting to spend lots of time on the beach with their buckets and spades and if they’re all happy then all the adults will be happy.  So I hope this weather of ours sorts itself out and we’ll all be happy!

TTFN,

Kathleen.

No comments: