Thursday 3 December 2009

There's nothing like...

...going through old photographs and that's what I've been doing recently.  My sister has the original of this photo and quite a few more besides. I am scanning them all in to my computer so that I, and anybody else in the family who wants, can have a copy of them all too.
 
 The beautiful young woman you see here is my mother. She was born in 1910 and I don't know exactly how old she is in this picture. I don't think she was married, could be it was taken for her 21st birthday.  If so she was married a year later and went on to have a family of 9 children, me being the last one. I wouldn't have wanted anybody else for my mother, I was lucky, she was the best.

2 comments:

Meg said...

What a stunning picture, she's beautiful! I inherited tubs and tubs of old photos that I'm (slowly) scanning, but so many of them are strangers. So good that you have ones you can indentify.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Anonymous said...

i have got this far and stopped for today,it has brought tears to my eyes. tears of happiness for all the happy memories of family especially my beautiful grandmother who i still miss so very much. thanks for sharing these keep it up!x linds